Monday, August 6, 2012

St Simons, also snaaaakes.

So today we went to St. Simons to make some final adjustments to the Die Off project there. It was alright; didn't get to do much else. Apparently those terrapins are super common there.

When we got back I packed up my Range project and took it out of the marsh. Crazy to see something that basically ate my whole summer away coming to a close.

Yesterday was kinda noteworthy. I did some more survey stuff and after we hit Cabretta Beach which is gorgeous. Sadly I do not have many pictures of it, but I do have some pictures of a water moccasin we nearly ran over!



For those of you inclined to worrying, I was not actually that close to this snake. Thanks to Mom for my ridiculously long range telephoto lens. I loves it.



So maybe a few beach pictures.


Anyway, tomorrow I do one final survey, and then I plan on hanging out and maybe getting some last minute scenery in. Wednesday around noon I plan on leaving. Definitely would like to come back at some point, but this summer's chapter is coming to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment